Heads Up Regarding Wire Grill Cleaning Brushes
I have a wire grill cleaning brush like this one
so when read the following news, I thought man-oh-man, I’m going to give my grilled food a once over before I serve it. I’d never thought about the possibility of this happening:
Wire bristles from grill cleaning brushes are finding their way into people’s food — and down their throats, according to a new report.Between August of 2011 and June of 2012, six people went to the hospital with internal injuries from wire bristles lodged in their necks or stomachs, according to this week’s Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report, published by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.All six of the victims reported eating grilled food before their injuries occurred. Three of them experienced immediate pain upon swallowing the adulterated food, and were later found to have a piece of wire lodged in their throats.
Entry filed under: Food. Tags: .