MTV Cancels “Jersey Shore”

August 30, 2012 at 3:56 PM 6 comments

Finally some good news.  At least we’ll have one less thing as a nation to be embarrassed about:

(Image via Zimbio.com)

MTV Cancels ‘Jersey Shore’ After Six Seasons

MTV is ending fist-pumping TV phenomenon “Jersey Shore” after this season, the network has confirmed.

MTV announced today that the series will end after its sixth season, which premieres Oct. 4.

MTV said it will start farewell programming next Thursday with a one-hour retrospective to be called “Gym, Tan, Look Back.”

More…
About these ads

Entry filed under: Dumbed Down. Tags: .

Slate Discovers Romas as Best Tomatoes for Tomato Sauce Eric Holder Says It’s Okay if the CIA Tortures People

• 1. JC for pennies  |  August 31, 2012 at 7:33 AM

I never watched a single episode. Gee, does that mean I’m out of touch? (Yawn!)

• 2. Say It Ain't So Already  |  August 31, 2012 at 7:47 AM

I never watched a single episode either and, I’m proud to say, I never watched a single second.

• 3. JC for pennies  |  August 31, 2012 at 8:01 AM

I think I did see “the Snookster” on a WWE professional wrestling program, once or twice. Thrilling.

• 4. anonymouse  |  August 31, 2012 at 4:41 PM

Now we have another freak show called Honey Boo Booo. Oink! Oink!

• 5. Say It Ain't So Already  |  August 31, 2012 at 4:55 PM

Oh, I know. Ugh. Not sure which is worse, Honey Boo Boo or Hillbilly Hand Fishing.

• 6. JC for pennies  |  September 2, 2012 at 6:00 AM

“Hillbilly Hand Fishing”? Sounds like a show with some potential. It may teach people an actual skill! LOL