Because of the comfort and efficiency that you get from spray foam insulation, they are widely popular and used by homeowners for small projects. You can learn about the different kits that are available in the market as you click here. Besides all the benefits that these insulations offer there are some drawbacks as well. In this article, we are going to analyze all the pros and cons of using spray foam insulations.
Let us begin with the benefits of using spray foam insulations:
- You get additional support as you use spray foams for insulation. Because of their expansive nature, the foam fills up all the cracks and voids providing the best result. There are no other ways of insulation as effective as spray foams. The air-tight seal that you get with their help will also help homeowners to save more energy.
This way using spray foam insulations prevent the cross airflow inside the house through walls. This way you get to save about 30% more energy with these insulations.
- The expansive nature allows that foam to expand quickly and cover and fill all the voids that are there in the wall. This way you get an airtight seal that is not that easy to break. This way you get to maintain a constant temperature inside your house. In winter you can keep your house warmer and cooler in summers.
- Since the chemicals that are used for the spray coat are waterproof you get water-resistant insulation. This also increases the longevity of the insulation and would save you some money in the long run as well. Closed cell kits are often recommended because of their water-resistance properties as well. Although a bit expensive than open cell insulation.
- Since the final product that you get with these sprays is a form of inert polymer, it prevents mold, mildew, and other bacterias to grow even if there is moisture. You also get effective results against pests as well.
- Both open cell and closed cell insulation provide you a durable and long-lasting result. With less maintenance cost and cost benefits, everyone prefers spray foam insulations. Although the initial cost of installing these insulations is a bit high, however, in the long run, you get more benefits and advantages.
- One of the main reasons why you should always opt for spray foam insulations is that they are eco-friendly. All the alternatives that are there in the market are not that safe for the environment as well. This is why if you are concerned about the environment you can opt for these insulations rather than fiber insulations.
- Another reason why you should prefer spray foam insulations is that you get additional structural integrity. In addition to that, these spray foams are effective in making a sound barrier making them a perfect choice for walls and staircases.
On the negative side, there are some disadvantages of using these spray foams as well.
- Although these spray foams are the most effective way for insulation, there are still some spaces that you can not cover with them. This can decrease the overall effectiveness of the insulation. This might also result in increased water damage as the pressure difference allow water to move into those cracks.
- Although it is quite rare, there are chances that the spray foam might shrink over time. This is highly plausible in harsh weather conditions.
- Professional help is needed if you are not that experienced with the use of these kits. Which is why you might have to pay professionals as they complete that spray coating for you.